MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, April 03, 2009

Memories of Shea

Inspired by the Great Joe Schick (my new partner-in-tickets at Citi Field), herewith some of my musings on Shea Stadium.

With "Judah".

Pulling "an Uppa"

I've had many great memories at Shea. I caught a wicked line drive on the fly; I met Darryl Strawberry on the field, and, most importantly, I spent a lot of quality time with my dad and kids.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Pesach Sommer said…

    Nice posts.

    My dad (ob"m) was a Yankees fan and I, a Red Sox fan. Still, having grown up in nearby KGH, I have so many memories of being with my dad at Shea. My first baseball memory is walking into Shea and getting a picture of Pete Rose tying the 44 game in a row hitting record, which had taken place the year before. Lots of memories in Yankees stadium as well.

    The new parks are a lot more beautiful, but they mean nothing to me. Sentiment, history and memory have been sacrificed for a few more dollars for multi-millionaires. A real shame.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home