MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Celebrating Yom Ha'atzmaut

What if I told you that I was celebrating Yom Ha'atzmaut today by having those well known Israeli foods, pastrami on club and chicken soup with noodles from Mendys?

If your reaction is "Huh?", that's kind of how I felt about a mesage I received today from one of my local shuls where I am a member (not my main shul).

The announcement stated that they would be celebrating Yom Ha'atzmaut by having a well known Shiny Shoe singer from Brooklyn come for Shabbos, daven Carlebach on Friday night and daven for the amud on Shabbos morning. Huh?

This singer has as little to do with Israel as pastrami and chicken soup. I don't get it.

In any event, the real reasons I had pastrami and chicken soup are (i) I am having a business dinner tonight where I expect to eat nothing, (ii) I weighed myself after my workout this afternoon and, for reasons I can't fathom, I weigh almost three pounds less than I did before Pesach, the wedding and Shevah Brachos, (iii) I haven't fargined myself a pastrami sandwich in at least two years, and (iv) l'kavod Yom Ha'atzmaut.

Chag Sameach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home