MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hagbah

On Shabbos morning I received the honor of Hagbah. Because of my diminutive size and rampant discrimination, this is the first time in a very long time that I was selected for theis honor (despite being in better shape and stronger, pound for pound, than most people who do get the honor).

But it doesn't count.

The only reason I got it is because the gabbai recently started reading my blog and read one of my recent posts bemoaning hagbah discrimination.

While I happen to be a big fan of this particular gabbai (among other things, he puts me up to daven for the amud virtually every Shabbos morning because he knows I fly), sorry, this doesn't cut it.

In his heart of hearts he knows that he (himself being a large man) would never have given me hagbah in a million years but for the blog posting. Sorry but I got hagbah because he knew that I would post about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home