MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

Quick Update

I'm at Ben Gurion airport waiting for my flight to London and I have about 5 minutes to post.

Had a wonderful dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Treppenwitz and Mr. and Mrs. Ben Chorin. The Trepster knows how to grill a steak. And make honey. Both were really delicious.

Had a lovely weekend with OOS, OHDIL and the kids. Their lift came on Sunday and I took care of the kids for a good part of the day. It was at least two million degrees. The poor movers had to shlep all the stuff from across Betzalel Street into the small alleyways of Nachlaot. We went through about three six packs of 2 liter water bottles. The kids are VERY happy to have finally been reunited with their stuff after 2 and a half months. But El Al has still not found the bag they lost on their flight.

Rode my bike twice, once with OOS, once alone. Both times around Nes Harim but the second time was the climb from Bet Shemesh, a truly gruelling ride. My new bike was purring like a cat and I had no trouble climbing on my compact double. But, and it's a big but, my lower back is totally shot. I don't know how it will hold out for five days of nastiness next month.

Gotta go. More tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Losing bags is miserable--but if it's any consolation they usually do turn up eventually. We had all our bags lost in both directions on our last trip. The last bag showed up two and a half weeks after we got home--somewhat the worse for wear, but we did get it.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Make sure that YHDIL gets the compensation to which she is entitled. It's something like $50 per bag per day, but they do not tell you this at the airport. Instead, they give you a phone number to call to seek compensation once you have your bag back. The idea being, presumably, that by the time you actually have your bag back, you are so sick of dealing with them that you will not bother to call and discover that you are entitled to a few hundred bucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home