MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shuffle Logic UPDATED

I rarely use the "shuffle" feature on my iPod but I had to drive into work yesterday so I turned it on before placing the iPod into my transponder.

Way cool. I got to listen to a bunch of the 895 songs on my iPod that I rarely listen to. I should do this more often.

I'm still mystified by how the iPod selects the music. Is it completely random? Is there a pattern? It seemed to me that the iPod was playing a disproportionate number of Diaspora Band and Eitan Katz tunes early in the shuffle. Anyone have any insights?

UPDATE: Issac points out that I am not the first to wonder about shuffle choices

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger 5Towns Foolishness said…

    This is a burning question that has plagued man since the beginning of time . . ., well, for at least a few years. Newsweek did a piece on it last month. Here's the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6854309/site/newsweek/

    By the way, what's a transponder?

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    You sttick it in the radio and it sends the ipod signal through your car radio

    thanks for the link.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger A Simple Jew said…

    It is funny you mention that because Diaspora comes up on mine all the time too.

    Perhaps it is a carefully constructed conspiracy by Avraham Rosenblum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home