MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Need a Beer

And I don't even like beer.

I have been out of my office on business for almost two weeks. Today was my first day back. I had 30 telephone messages (the capacity of my voicemail) and over 200 emails waiting for me (despite the fact that I've been checking most of my emails on my crackberry).

My workday started with an important breakfast meeting. After another hour-long meeting, it was time to do the dirty work that I had been dreading. We had decided to terminate my assistant when I got back from my business trips. While the guy totally deserved to be let go, it was still not a very pleasant experience. He isn't a bad guy, just not a good assistant.

I will never get used to this.

After a few long phone calls, I had a business lunch with a reporter but couldn't eat much because I was still incredibly tense about the firing.

My afternoon consisted of a number of very intense calls and an hour and a half special board meeting at which only one topic was discussed; a topic that was contentious and legal-related and over which I presided. The issue was important and at times I felt as though I was being cross examined. Ultimately, the board overwhelmingly followed my recommendation.

By this time, my upper back was in knots. (Where is OOS when I need him?)

The craziness of this job is part of what makes it fun, but I could use a slightly calmer day tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Let's grab a couple of pints at Burp Castle in the East Village.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home