MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The End of the World As We Know It

I was horrified to find out at lunch this afternoon that Cookie Monster's name has been changed to Veggie Monster. I thought the young lady who told me that was joking but, alas, not. Is nothing sacred? Has no one got a sense of humor? Has political correctness gone this far?

(By the way, I was never a fan of Sesame Street. I never thought it was an effective educational tool. I think Mr. Rodgers (or even Captain Kangaroo) was much more effective).

Anyone who thinks that by changing Cookie Monster's name kids will suddenly prefer carrot sticks to cookies, is delusional.

In any event, he'll always be Cookie Monster to me.

And, finally, I leave you with this courtesy of OOS

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ::shudders::

    A travesty of the highest degree!

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Safranit said…

    It isn't true...it is an Urban Legend

    http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/veggie.asp

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    You're getting naive in your middle age.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    "I was never a fan of Sesame Street. I never thought it was an effective educational tool."

    Based on my experience, I must disagree. My son turned 2 in December and thanks largely to Sesame Street, recognizes every letter and counts to 29.

    He also likes cookies.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Joe

    Could it be he would have known them anyway?

    And, is it true CM is eating a balanced diet? That would be bad enough.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Maybe it would be good to let readers know what they'll get if they click the link. It's not the usual thing on your blog.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Ezer K'negdo said…

    I agree with uberimma - that link was sort of disturbing. That said, I love Sesame Street. I think it is harmless entertainment. I like the diversity of the characters and all the music. Whether or not they learn something, there are worse things they could watch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home