MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Quick Roundup

1. I landed in New York with a couple of hours to spare before OYS's playoff quarter-final. Short story: OYS's team won 4 - 0. OYS made the sweetest pass I have ever seen to set up the go-ahead goal. More on the game and the weird story of how it came about that I got to watch this game (and visit OOS in Israel) on Friday.

The good news: I will be back from a trip to Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday (airlines permitting) in time to watch the semi-final.

2. Having flown to Israel last week, from Israel to London on Sunday and from London to New York today, I am pondering the question: Do Jews as a people have shpilkes? The scene on the flight from London to New York was entirely different from the scene on the two Israel flights. People on the London-NY flight actually remained seated for most of the flight. I will reflect on this phenomenon in a forthcoming article I am writing for the Jewish Star.

I am too tired to continue with any sense of coherence so I'm calling it a night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home