MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, July 01, 2007

MoC 1, Bird 0

I had a death struggle with a bird this morning and, thankfully for MoC fans, I won.

Actually, a couple of birds were dive-bombing on Central Avenue at around 6:15 a.m. this morning and one of them had the misfortune of getting in the way of me and my bike. Hit me square in the left shoulder. Bounced right off. I was doing 18 mph and the bird was going pretty fast in the opposite direction. I know there's some kind of formula that calculates the speed when two objects going in opposite directions collide. What happened, l'maisa, is that one of them, to wit, the bird, entered the world of truth, and one of them, to wit, MoC, kept riding to Point Lookout as if nothing happened.

I have now killed a squirrel and a bird and countless insects while riding my bike. I am the malach hamaves of riders.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said…

    A big black crow once dive bombed my husband's windshield and almost caused an accident. Suicidal maniacs those birds...

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger kishke said…

    For the death of the squirrel one can only applaud you. Nasty rodents.

    Did you run it over?

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said…

    i once saw a few seagulls divebombing cars that were stopped at a traffic light in brooklyn; they would swoop down over the cars' windshields systematically, releasing their 'bombs', swoop away and then circle around to come in for another bombing run.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    I've come very close to running over huge rats while riding on the West Side HWY.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Kishke

    I have added a link to my squirrel kill. You can now read all about it.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger OOS said…

    I do believe that the squirell survived. I was an eyewitness to the event and I am pretty sure it ran off after being hit.

    Of course there is no telling whether it later sucumbed to its injuries.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe there is such a formula: add them.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    That's it? Just add them? I thought there was some kind of multiplier (or am I halucinating about what I might have leaned in a math class decades ago?)

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it's a deer or moose, go around it for your sake.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    think of those poor little orphan birdies in the nest waiting for their worms...

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    mega

    It's not like I did it om purpose! I was minding my own business, just trying to ride my bike in peace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home