MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ode To My Pedals

Last night I finally changed the pedals on my bike.

I put on a set of Look Keos to replace my ancient, first generation Looks. My old pedals were 20 years old and I had put tens of thousands of miles on them on three different bikes. They served me well on four Alyn Rides. I never had one problem with them either mechanically or technically. They never got "sticky" on me and I never fell because they wouldn't release my cleats appropriately.

It is rare when one buys a product that lasts as long, and serves as well, as my Looks. I have tremendous hakaras hatov to them. (I felt bad throwing them in the garbage but, heck, at the end of the day they're just pedals).

My new pedals, made of carbon, weigh probably one-fifth as much as my old Looks. They are also half the size. If I get nearly the same use out of the Keos as I did from the Looks I will be very pleased.

Let's hoist a cold one to the Looks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home