MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, March 10, 2008

How Have The Mighty Fallen?

I am having a hard time processing the news about Elliot Spitzer. As readers of this space know, I am not, and never have been a fan. But that isn't my point.

What drives a smart and powerful man, who has a lovely, accomplished wife and three children, to do something so stupendously self destructive as to throw away his entire political career in return for an hour of pleasure?

How incredibly reckless. Did he not consider the consequences? Did he think he was indestructible? It is really very difficult to understand.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure a number of Wall Street executives are kicking their heels on the news.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger nyfunnyman said…

    ain apitrupus l'arayois

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Fern Chasida said…

    I totally agree with you. My boss and I were talking about this today - what makes someone decide to throw it all away in such an embarrassing, self-destructive way. Hard to understand.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why do people throw away an eternal Olam Haba for a transitory thrill in Olam Hazeh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home