MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, April 04, 2008

Corned Beef

I hosted a business lunch in my office today. This morning, my administrative assistant emailed me, asking whether anyone else needed kosher food. I replied, no, and told her that she didn't need to order for me (I'm not much for big lunches on Fridays and I figured I'd get by with a fruit).

Ignoring my wishes, she ordered a corned beef sandwich from Mr. Broadway. With cole slaw and everything. I don't think I've had a corned beef sandwich in ten years. Not that I don't like corned beef. I just don't fargin myself corned beef. Corned beef is like a flieshig Devil Dog; it's great going down but you regret it the rest of the afternoon.

Nevertheless, not wanting to be a ba'al taschis, I had no choice but to eat the corned beef sandwich.

Not too shabby.

But I need a nap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home