MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Underwriting the Weather

I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning secretly hoping that it would be pouring so that I could fluff up my pillow and go back to sleep.

Alas, it was not to be. Although it looked shaky out there, it was dry. I checked the weather for Oyster Bay (my best proxy) and it predicted that I would have a window of opportunity from 7 to 10 a.m. So, off to the Vasikin Minyan with my bike in the car and my kit under my clothes. I was on the road by 7:15.

(Sadly, none of the other members of the MMFW bike club had my level of emunah peshutah, so no one else showed at the vasikin minyan. That must be why they call me the Biking Rebbe)

Thirty-two miles later (and never straying more than ten miles from my car), I was done. Beautiful ride.

I take back all those nasty things I said about the weatherman last week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home