MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

La Briut

I travelled to Asia armed with a few packages of LaBriut heat-em-up spaghetti and meatballs. Very amazing stuff. You just pour water on this package and it creates its own heat. America Gonnif.

But, there is a limit to how many nights in a row you can eat these things; they're not exactly Le Marais.

I found myself looking forward to chowing down some good kosher food in Hong Kong after two nights in Tokyo. Then I was told about the dinner that had been set up for me and a few important people from the Hong Kong market.

So it was that I sat through an 8 course meal at a very cool place in the old Bank of China building. The meal looked very good. My coke was excellent. The La Briut meal was looking better already.

Suddenly, I got an email on my blackberry. It was from another of the participants at the conference. He was at one of the kosher restaurants and wanted to know whether I wanted anything. Chasdei Hashem.

When I got back to my hotel room at around 9:30, waiting there for me was a shopping bag with two pitas filled with shnitzel. They were delicious. I am eternally grateful. I will save the LaBriuts for another day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Glad to know you liked HK. We nearly moved there a couple of years ago for a job, and I have wondered ever since what our lives would have been like if we had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home