MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bugging Back In

In a moment of stupidity and immaturity, I have decided, largely because of the influence of the devil himself, PsycleSteve, to re-enter the Alyn challenge ride after deciding to bug out last week.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I would be very frustrated with all the waiting around that will undoubtedly be part of the regular route. I decided I would rather ride in the broiling heat than sit in the broiling heat.

And, although most of my friends are in the regular route, most of the better riders are in the challenge route. And, as PS said, it is maninly about the riding.

The downside is that I will be useless each night because of the difficulty of the course and that I will be spending two nights in unimaginable dumps, including, amazingly, the Mamshit faux Bedouin tent (which I promised after 2004 that I would never do again).

It also means that I will have to get very serious about training again instead of taking it relatively easy.

Whatever.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger PsycleSteve said…

    MOC

    You will HATE me during the ride.

    You will LOVE me after the ride as you bask in the glory of accomplishment!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home