MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pat the Moon

It occurred to me over the weekend that I would have been much better off figuring out an idea like Pat the Bunny or Goodnight Moon rather than spending three years in law school and working like a dog the last 25 years.

What a scam! Every self-respecting parent feels compelled to buy each of those overpriced books or risk being considered an oisvorf. By virtue of caring for the Baby, we are actually on our second set of these books. Ka-ching!

(I can understand Pat the Bunny but I don't really get Goodnight Moon. "Goodnight nobody?" What's pshat? Can someone help me out?)

Whether I understand them or not, why didn't I think of them?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Because they were published around the time you were born. That's probably got at least something to do with it.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger david said…

    I'm self-respecting, and I haven't spent one dime on these books. I get everything second hand, i.e free.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home