MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Addicted

I have to admit it. I exhibit "at risk" behavior. I am addicted.

To my Crackberry.

I've always known this but, like many addicts, I've been in denial.

It all came home, though, one night last week.

I was at a sheva brachos with MHW, sitting at a table with a number of her childhood friends and their husbands. Among those at the table were me, another corporate lawyer, a businessman and a surgeon. Of course, the other lawyer and I were busy reading our emails before the meal actualy started. I challenged everyone at the table to refrain from checking their emails for one full hour.

After three minutes, my blackberry began to buzz. I didn't check it. Again. And again. I was starting to break out in a sweat. Then, providence answered my call. The phone part of the blackberry started to buzz. I hadn't said anything about phone calls. And besides, TT was home and it could have been about her. (In fact, it was. She refused to sleep and OOD was looking for aitzas).

Of course, once I had the berry out, I figured it wouldn't kill anyone if I took a quick look at my emails.

That's when I knew for sure that I was deeply addicted.

Is there a 12 step plan for crackberry-heads?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home