MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Deep Thoughts During Shiur

For the past six years I have been attending a 6 a.m. halacha shiur Mondays through Thursdays. Some of my best thinking happens during shiur. Unfortunately, the thoughts almost never have anything to do with the topic being covered at the shiur. Instead, I find my mind wandering into all kinds of other places, usually connected to work.

This morning was no exception. I had been struggling with a very difficult political issue at work for the past three months. It had been driving me crazy and I had not been able to solve it. Then, suddenly, with about 20 minutes to go in shiur, Shazzam! The solution appeared to me like a nevuah (l'havdel).

Of course, the rest of the shiur was shot since I now had shpilkes to start implementing the solution. Perhaps this is one of the many reasons it is unlikely that I will become a talmid chacham any time soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wandering thoughts in shiurim are probably more common than we might think.

    Still, you do have plenty of wisdom that you regularly share with your readers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home