MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Better Lucky Than Good

Ten days ago I made a somewhat risky unilateral decision to intervene in a case affecting my industry. It was Good Friday and I knew that I would not be able to convene the required board meeting and get approval in time to file the papers, which were due the following Monday. But I felt that it was very important to take a position so I called the chairman, got his ok, and went ahead anyway.

This afternoon we have a regularly-scheduled board meeting to discuss a number of topics, among them a ratification of my decision to intervene.

At around noon today, I received an email from counsel that the motion that we intervened to oppose was denied. (In plain English, we won!).

I love days like these.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home