MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Davening PSA's

1. After surviving the Belz niggunim a couple of years ago, and Niggun Neshamah last year, we are now being inundated with yet another wedding song that, for whatever reason, ba'alei tefilah believe must be put to every single part of davening imaginable.

I am speaking, of course, of the current version of "Hodu Lashem Ki Tov". Enough already! It's already played out, people. Ich kenesht.

2. There should be a rule in my shul that only men who are planning to take the 8:01 LIRR train from Woodmere can daven for the amud on Rosh Chodesh (or, for that matter, on any day when there is no chiyuv in shul). And, under no circumstances can you ever let a kollel yungerleit daven for the amud on a weekday morning. They just don't get it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    Interesting. I've been the recipient of numerous complaints about how fast I daven (for perspective, our average tuesday no-tachanun time is 45-50 minutes now).

    When I explain that it's because I have to get to the hospital, one of the rebbeim (also an avel, btw) said that when he was in Yeshiva, if you had to catch a plane, you were automatically disqualified from taking the amud.

    This seemed counterintuitive to me, but what do I know, I went to YU.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    During the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd periods at MSG last night, the baal tefilah outside Gate 66 waited until everyone finished shemonah esrai before saying kaddish near the end of maariv. Baruch hashem I made it back in time for the 3rd period, but I wouldn't be surprised if he davens for the amud in your shul too.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Joe

    Did he look like a freak? If so, he 's probably from my shul.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a theory that everything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dont forget the annoying overuse of yamamai

     

Post a Comment

<< Home