MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Friendly Confines UPDATED

I was zoche to attend a Cubs game last night during my overnight business trip to Chicago. I love the ambience of Wrigley Field but, l'maisah, I could barely see anything from my $45 box seats in left field. The dreadful Cubs were truly dreadful and lost 9-4. I left early, just in time to get to my hotel to see yet another miraculous Mets win on ESPN. Two balks? They are winning in spooky ways.

The reason I ended up at Wrigley Field is because my dinner plans for last night blew up at almost the last minute. I went online and, faster than you can click your mouse, I was hooked up, self-printed ticket and everything. As my father, z'l, would have said, America Gonif.

I was tempted to contact my old and apparently retired Chicago blogging buddies, Velvel and Becky, Cara and Prodly, who I haven't seen since my last visit to Chicago about three years ago, but, frankly, I didn't want them to feel compelled to see me (and, to be honest, I have no idea whether they are still in Chicago or not).

(Velvel, Cara and Prodly were three of the great original Jbloggers, when the Jblogging world was tiny in comparison to today, and I will always have a warm spot in my heart for them (even though Velvel once called me a bitter old man). Once five years passes, they should each immediately be inducted to the Jbloggers Hall of Fame. But I digress.)

In any event, it was a delightful evening of baseball under the stars.

UPDATE: No sooner did I post this than I discovered that Cara is back.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Many seats in both Wrigley and Fenway are far from the field and/or have poles blocking your vision. Next time do 5-10 minutes of due diligence.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Joe

    It wasn't an issue of poles or being far from the field. I was in the tenth row in field boxes in left field. It was virtually impossible to see tha batter without craning my neck because the site lines were so screwy.

    And, anyway, what do you think this is, a securities deal? Who does due diligence on baseball tickets? As far as I know, there is no 10b5 liability with respect to baseball tickets.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    I do due diligence and therefore can see from my seats. go to seatdata.com and put in the section and you're done.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I will check out seatdata but I seriously doubt that it would have helped.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger The Management said…

    Thank you for the kind words, Mo...about me, not my Cubbies.

    Next time you're heading into Chicago, please drop me a line. It would be lovely to see you again.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Will do Cara.

    It's great to see you back at blogging. What's up with the rest of the chevrah?

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahem. what am I, chopped liver?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home