MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Barry Bonds Rookie Card For Sale

A friend forwarded me an email with an offer to bid on this card. However, since I was out of the office, I didn't open the attachment on my Blackberry.

While I'm not a baseball card collector, I know someone who is a very serious collector. (Any cards of value that I once had were unceremoniously thrown out by my dad, z'l, a devoted thrower-outer of junk, when I moved out). I forwarded the email to him. He replied that he only focuses on old baseball cards, generally nothing later than the 1960's.

Imagine my embarrassment when, this morning, I read the email on my computer and realized it was joke. I wonder if my collector friend bothered to open the attachment?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think "joke" might not be the appropriate categorization. Whether on agrees with the thoughts behind the email or not, the picture is no joke, and the poster is attempting to create social commentary on an issue near, and apparently dear, to himself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home