MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sports Friday: Beyond Putrid

If my company ran the way the Knicks run, I would be out of a job and my boss would certainly be out of a job.

Only on the Knicks do you not only continue to be gainfully employed, you get your contract extended. Last night's game against the Celtics was almost beyond belief.

By the end of the third quarter, the Celtics had about double the knicks 40 or so points. It was a humiliation the likes of which I've rarely seen.

Now it's true that the Celtics have assembled a great team this year (finally, after 20 years of suffering from the Len Bias Curse). But yesterday's performance by the Knicks was something you would have expected from a mid-level college team.

How can an owner continue to stand by after witnessing something like that?

(BTW, I couldn't care less about the Knicks; I've been a lifelong Celtics fan).

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    I thought you don't root for any team - how can you be a Celtics fan?

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I was a Celtics fan growing up. I stopped caring after Len Bias killed himself (and continued my lack of interest through the 20 year deterioration of pro basketball). I surprisingly find my Celtic juices being rejuvinated this year.

    Having said that, if the Celtics fail miserably, it won't matter one hoot to me.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Celtic juices actually are being rejuvenated this year also
    may the big 3 continue to be zocheh to embarras the mysoginistic anti-semitic knicks.Brad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home