MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Proof That G-d Loves Me

I spent the day in Washington, D.C. yesterday. I had business meetings all day and had to stay overnight for a breakfast this morning.

Not wishing to let an opportunity pass, I bought tickets online to last night's Phillies-Nationals game at the brand new Nationals Park.

(G-d loves me, part I: It was miserable in the morning; raining for hours. By the time the game rolled around it was absolutely perfect baseball weather).

After bravely taking the Metro to the stadium (and getting a bit lost before figuring out the route), I walked in to a beautiful new ballpark, very similar to the new stadium in Philadelphia (and, I assume, elsewhere. I expect that Citi Field and the new Yankees stadium will be similar).

I had field level seats between first base and left field. Fantastic sight lines; very impressive.

(G-d loves me, part II: I was all prepared for a dinner of Haagen Daaz and beer. But, as I was walking to my seats, I happened on the kosher hot dog stand which I didn't even know existed (ok, I admit it, faulty research on my part). Chasdei Hashem! Two hot dogs, mustard and sauerkraut. Gevalt!)

A final thought. Why would anyone drink Miller or Miller Lite at the stadium when, for the same (ridiculous amount of) money you can get a Stella or a Blue Moon? I just don't get it.

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said…

    Huh. I never thought to look for kosher food at the ballpark. I'll have to check to see if Dodger Stadium has anything kosher.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said…

    Well whaddya know...30 seconds worth of Googling leads me to believe that Cantor's Deli has a kosher stand behind 3rd base on the field level. Apparently they have corned beef, pastrami, matzo ball soup, kosher pickles...I don't know about matzo ball soup at a ballgame.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    any person would obviously rather have a delicious blue moon over a miller light, the problem is that the miller stands or budweiser stands in most arenas/stadiums are everywhere while the stands which serve the real beers are few and far between.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said…

    Nu, why did I have to hear about this Lag B'Omer concert from the NYC Jewish Music listserve? Isn't Aish Kodesh your shul?

    ------ Thursday May 22nd

    9:00 PM Eitan Katz will be performing together with Nochi Krohn at
    Aish Kodesh in Woodmere 894 Woodmere Place Woodmere, NY 11598. For
    more info www.aishkodesh.org

    Sorry both of us are booked tonight. Sounds like fun.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said…

    I see I'm batting zero on hyperlinks. :(

    Take two:

    NYC Jewish Music listserve

    www.aishkodesh.org

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said…

    Okay, I give up:

    NYCJewishMusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    www.aishkodesh.org

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Shira, two reasons: I've been travelling and, more importantly, it's too crowded as it is. No reason to advertise.

    anon 8:16

    Actually, at Nationals Park the good beer is available at about 100 beer stands. You only have to walk 50 feet to find good beer.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said…

    You need a bigger shul. :) :) :)

    (Likewise, I'm sure. :( )

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger rescue37 said…

    Is there an email I can contact you at? I signed up for the ohel bike ride on June 15th and as novice have some questions for you. I figure my white shirt and hat from brooklyn wouldn't be condusive to riding 25 miles.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a blue moom man, too? I like you more and more, MoC.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    rescue

    email me at emansouth @ aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home