MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Am I, Chopped Liver?

The Toddler is very much into routine and structure. She seems to take comfort from going through the same routine every day. This is especially so in the morning when she wakes up and at night from bath time to bed time.

So, for instance, if you forget to wash negel vasser with her when she wakes up, she will remind you.

In the evening, after supper, she loves to take a bath, then watch a video while eating a cut-up fruit (with a plastic, not metal, fork). She will want MHW (rather than me) to carry her up the stairs to bed (even though she is now huge relative to the diminutive MHW). MHW will then take her to the bathroom and have her brush her teeth, read a book or two, say Shema and sing "Hamalach Hagoel Oti".

For some reason, TT is ok with the idea of me cutting up her fruit, turning on a video and giving her the bath but not so much with the reading or Shema parts. I'm not sure why but that's the way it is.

Whenever I try to do Ima's parts, TT gives me a hard time. Whenever she gives me a hard time, I say, "What am I, chopped liver?" She always laughs (even though she doesn't know exactly what I mean) but usually stands fast and waits for MHW.

I guess I am chopped liver.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger LittleBirdies said…

    I think all kids are like that. My kids only let my husband brush their teeth. I only get the honor when he's not home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home