MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chaim (favorably) Reviews Eitan Katz's CD

Money Quote:

Eitan Katz writes in the CD booklet that this is a collection of rare and previously unrecorded R’ Shlomo Carlebach Niggunim. Eitan is a great choice to record such a project. R’ Shlomo’s Niggun are so special and it’s a shame to hear sometimes how they are redone. When I think about that Ohad-Kinderlach version of Niggun Neshama I cringe, it’s like drinking expensive 30 year old wine out of a blue plastic disposable cup. It’s just wrong. Eitan brings the respect and aidelkeit that these songs deserve.
(emphasis added)

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    I don't agree. While the kinderlach abomonation has no redeeing qualities, a 30-year old wine would taste no differently if served in a clean plastic disposable cup (blue) than if served in $75 Riedel wine glass.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its also about the experience ....

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its called doing a "cover"

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger yitz said…

    I'm still wonderin if you've heard from Shlomo Katz about my last Ma Tovu post to you. Also, what is that project that you hinted about to JM junky at the LOR blog? Curious minds wish to know.... :))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home