MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Missing the Boys For Practical Reasons

Having waxed nostalgic about missing my boys sitting next to me during the Yomim Noraim, today I missed them for more practical reasons...I had to shlep the succah from the garage to the backyard by myself.

Normally, I wouldn't have minded so much but I had put in a pretty hard 53 mile bike ride in the morning (and, BH, did not even get a flat) in unusually hot weather and it was still hot when I started working on the succah.

Thankfully, OYD did a great job helping me assemble the succah and I was done from start to finish in about an hour and a half.

The boys themselves put up a funky succah at OOS's apartment in J'lem so it's not as if they were slumming it. Just to be clear, I am moichel on the boys as long as the reason they aren't helping me is cause they're where they are!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first chagim alone can be very difficult.

    I certainly would've helped you with the sukkah if I was around.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger ChassidShoteh said…

    i meant to post this last week on the post about nobody liking your post about stupidity so you are going to write about...the toddler? for you information, i come to this blog to hear the stupidity, your crazy -yet admirable- obsession with bike riding, the crazy stories in your shul... that is what mochassid is to me. all that stuff about the toddler and the foster child is just filler!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I assume you were busy last week in Uman?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home