MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, September 21, 2007

Sitting Alone

This year, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I am be sitting alone on the Yomim Noraim.

For many years after MHW and I got married I davened on RH in Far Rockaway, Ir Hakodesh, at the late, great White Shul, sitting next to my BIL, FIL and sons. On YK, it was back to Woodmere, with the boys, to the extent they had zitzfleish to sit through the davening.

About five years ago we started staying home for both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, the boys had grown up and at least one of them was always with me for yom tov.

This year, I'm sitting alone. OOS has moved to Israel (where he struggles to find a davening as nice as the one at our shul) and OYS is at the Mother Ship (where the davening, I am told, is otherwordly).

Not that I'm complaining. The boys are in a good place, I am still surrounded by friends, and I come home to MHW and the girls. I am blessed.

But it doesn't mean I don't miss my sons.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw pop, your too sweet.im just here with jacob zev trying to figure out how to put up a succah, could be going a little better. thought it would be a great time for my first comment.speak to you soon.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    "you're" not "your". And, I could have used your help on this end of the pond!

    (did you expect me not to edit?)

    but nice try. and the sentiment was sweet

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger DovBear said…

    And so it goes.And so it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home