MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, December 03, 2007

Fantasy Roundup: Everything Goes Right

Is it dumb luck?

Virtually every personnel move that I made with Team MoC paid dividends yesterday. I scored 184 points even with a terrible performance by Carson Palmer (in retrospect, perhaps I should have played Kitna; Pittsburgh's defense is the best in the league).

I dropped Robert Mathis (2 points) who hasn't done anything at DL and picked up Mario Williams off the scrap heap. He scored 14.5.

I made a game-time decision to go with Adrian Peterson (instead of Willis McGahee who plays against New England tonight) and he rewarded me with 21 points.

I selected DeMeco Ryans (14) and Patrick Willis (18) over Vrabel (tonight) and Harrison (6).

I put Chris Cooley (15) back in the starting lineup at TE over Owen Daniels (7).

Finally, I noticed on Sunday morning that Gibril Wilson had been put on the injured list and replaced him with Nick Harper (8). (This is the type of move I would not have made at the beginning of last year; I never used to check my team on Sunday mornings).

And, thankfully, I finally got the kind of game I had been expecting from LaDanian T all year (30) and a big game from Reggie Wayne (27).

I realize that I have fallen asleep with my placekicker, the ancient Adam Vinetari, who has averaged about -2 over the last three games. I may have to dredge up another kicker.

So, unless Tom Brady scores about 80 points tonight, I will remain tied for first place with only four weeks to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Not a perfect week for you - my record points total remains in place.

    I'm a little perturbed that the Week 15 classic between you and Akiva will not be on basic cable.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    The coaching staff's biggest concern is that the team will look beyond the game with Akiva and worry about the season ender with you in the role of spoiler.

    Had Palmer not stunk up the joint (or had I gone with Kitna) I would have exceeded 200 points. Still, no compliants.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home