MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Elster Enjoys The Game

As Elster points out, last night was a lot of fun.

And, yes, Joe does need a haircut. (Or maybe I'm jealous; almost six weeks into sefirah, no one notices whether I need a haircut).

The game was a success for four reasons:

Good company

Good weather

The Mets won, and

(most importantly) After a cool manuever, I managed to get out of the parking lot in about 5 minutes. Even after dropping Joe off on Main Street and Elster at his car and OOS at his summer residence, I was home within 40 minutes.

My father, of blessed memory, is certainly smiling in shamayim since (i) the Mets won, (ii) the accursed Dodgers, abandoners of Brooklyn, lost, and (iii) his son, following in his footsteps, got out of the parking lot quickly.

A final thought.

Why do I feel guilty for two days if I eat a couple of hot dogs from Mendys for lunch yet I feel no guilt if I eat two hot dogs and a beer at the ballpark?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Because hotdogs at ballparks are a tradition rivaled only, perhaps, by Shabbos afternoon cholent.

    And MOC - I did receive an email from Joe today so he was not terrorized by the Ruffians by 7-11.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bro! But did you leave the game by the 7th inning?

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah Anon - had you read the link to my posy you would know MOC was a real trooper and stuck it out to the middle of the 8th. We are stretching him out for a starter's role.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Elster

    Anon is my brother. He is disappointed that I stayed that long. I am "off the derech".

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You made it back to your house in 40 minutes with all of those stops?! Wow. I am truly in awe.

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you left before the game was over--chillul hashem. Shem mitzvah nikrah al sofo. Those that stay to the end can talk about being there for the win. But at least your abba Z"tl is shepping nachas.Brad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home