MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Things I Don't Do

I'm already on record, as a matter of policy, that I don't (with rare exceptions) attend Shalom Zachors. I prefer to spend the time with MHW and the kids rather than rushing out on Friday nights to eat some arbis.

Another thing I generally don't do is attend Sunday morning fundraising parlor meetings. This has nothing to do with family time; it has to do with bike time. Sunday mornings in the spring and summer is when I do my long training rides. I usually daven vasikin (as early as 4:58 a.m. in June), get on my bike sometime between 6:45 and 7 a.m. and ride for anywhere between two and five hours.

I am happy to write a check; just don't expect to see me there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I am happy to write a check; just don't expect to see me there."


    How can my kollel get on the list of recepients?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home