MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Preparing For Matan Torah in an Unusual Way

Early this afternoon, I dropped off OYD for a haircut in town and then went to Gourmet Glatt, as instructed, to buy some last minute items. MHW warned me that parking would be difficult but, l'maisa, I was able to find a spot immediately upon pulling into the lot.

The store was insanely busy; it was difficult to manuever my wagon around the aisles. But, I only had to get a few things and, after calling MHW only three times, I was done. Checkout at the express lane was quick and I was on my way.

Or so I thought.

Someone had parked his van right behind my car. As in right behind my car. As in not in a legal spot but lined up exactly behind me with his flashers flashing (like that mattered). In all my years in the Five Towns, including the frequent double parks and countless U turns, I had never experienced this before.

Being dan l'kav z'chus, I assumed that the owner of the car would be back in a minute or two. So I waited. And waited.

After about five minutes of standing in 95 degree heat, I decided to try to take things into my own hands. I started the car and tried to manuever out of the spot (there was a small amount of space between my car and the sch*&$k's car). Although I am pretty good at stuff like this, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Then the phone rang. It was OYD, done with her haircut and ready to be picked up. I told her to hang tight. I was busy dealing with the consequences of a moron.

Just then, David Mandel of Ohel happened by and was nice enough to try to direct me out of the spot. Even with his help, it took about 8 manuevers to get out of the spot - and then just barely.

Sadly, I didn't have a pen on me. I would have left an appropriate note for the thoughtful person who was so involved in preparing for matan Torah that he evidently didn't notice that he boxed me in.

My other thought was to leave the carton of ice cream that was melting in my car on his hood. But, I decided that I like ice cream too much and went on my way.

I hope he has a wonderful tikun lail Shevuos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home