MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, June 04, 2007

Is It Me Or Is The El AL Website Impossible to Get Through?

And, Is There Any Company With A Worse Service Culture Than El Al In the Entire World?

I have been trying for the past hour to book a flight on the El Al website using my Matmid points. It is easy enough to get a voucher. That's where the problems start, at least for me.

From the voucher, if you click "Ticket", it asks you to fill out a form that requires a "PNR", or reservation number. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain how to get a PNR and there doesn't seem to be a way to get one through the Matmid flow.

(One would think that there would be a place to make a reservation through the Matmid area but if there is one, I have yet to find it.)

So, I called El Al and selected Matmid from the menu. I waited 37 minutes to get an actual human to answer the phone. She was incredibally rude and could not help me and put me through to reservations where I waited on hold for an additional 12 minutes only to be told that there are no seats available for the dates I am looking for (or, for that matter, for the entire week surrounding that date.

About the only good thing I can say is that at least you are very unlikely to get blown up flying El Al. And that is not a small thing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger menonita said…

    hi! it is very good blog. i like here :) writings are ver nice if u want to see mine it is
    http://www.terrakki.net/

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    try using a travel agent, it's the easiest way to book voucher tickets.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger PsycleSteve said…

    I find that that all the airlines are useless concerning FF miles - unless you are flying to Alaska in January. The only difference is that EL AL is actually rude about it while the other airlines brush you off politely.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger rescue37 said…

    Air France

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd rather be on the phone with the DELL techs from India then with EL AL!!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Iberia is worse. Iberia is much, much worse. Iberia makes El Al sound positively customer-oriented. Truly.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger J. "יהוא בן יהושפט בן נמשי" Izrael said…

    ELAL always difficult to deal with. Ticket to EY incl. medical treatement ensuing from hassle & frustration=yearly salaries of me & Mrs. combined.


    PS,
    MOC see comments in your post "Stealing II"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home