MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sending an Almost-Man to do a Man's Job

Most morning's I make myself a wonderful cup of coffee with my wonderful Flavia Coffee Maker. In approximately 90 seconds, I have a deep, rich cup of Joe (or two) which I take with me to morning shiur.

This morning, however, I had to drop OYS at his high school at 5:45 a.m. for his senior trip. He asked me to pick up something from Dunkin Donuts so that he would not, G-d forbid, starve during the trip. So, instead of my Flavia coffee, I decided to save 90 seconds and have him order me some Dunkin' Donuts java.

After dropping him off, on my way to shul, I took a slug. Yechh. Sugar. There must have been 4 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee.

There is no point to coffee if you add sugar.

I text-messaged OYS and reminded him that I NEVER take sugar in my coffee. He apologized but noted that he didn't ask for sugar; it just came, unsolicited.

Thankfully, my fully-equipted shul has its own coffee machine (albeit not a Flavia) with its own servicable coffee. All was not lost.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger WD47 said…

    FYI

    Saw the HS boys at 7:50 at Bagel Island. Someone forgot to send the bus. They didn't leave till 9:30. Too bad they got up at 5:30.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Too bad I got up at 5!!!

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch on all accounts.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they didnt leave until 12:45.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    Did they at least get a new shipment dark magic? If there's no coffee taste, then what's the point?

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    yes, I believe they did. And, what do you expect for free?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home